Introduction to Public Health
Raymond L. Goldsteen DrPH, Karen Goldsteen PhD MPH, David Graham MD MPH FACPM
This is the only survey of the US public health system to combine the perspectives of academicians and public health professionals. Replete with illuminating case studies, the text describes basic public health activities and services including the organization of our public health system, administrative and management concerns, financing, use of technology, and workforce and reform issues.
The text explores and analyzes those aspects of the public health system that have successfully achieved their goals and those that have not. It addresses careers in public health and the educational requirements and skills needed to attain them, including new accreditation and certification programs. New public health initiatives are discussed including evidence-based practices, along with such critical issues as health disparities, emergency preparedness, and health care technology. The text covers the cost, financing, and outcomes of the US public health system and includes extensive references, statistics, and tables from current health reports (i.e. the CDC Healthy People 2010 objectives and IOM Report Future of Public Health).
- Provides a comprehensive overview of the US public health system for public health, nursing, medical, and pharmacology students
- Combines the academic and practical experience of leaders in public health
- Includes plentiful case studies offering real-world examples
- Reflects the latest public health certification requirements and standards including the CHP exam
- Addresses critical issues such as health disparities, emergency preparedness, health care technology, and evidence-based practice
Download ebook Introduction to Public Health pdf
|List Price:||$89.00 USD|
|New From:||$78.00 USD|
|Download Ebook pdf||Get it $10 USD|